Attention: EI Providers/Evaluators
Feeding Evaluations In Early Intervention & Young Children
From The Desktop Of: Rebecca Alva, M.A., CCC-SLP
Dear Colleague and EI Provider,
What Questions Have You Been Asking Regarding Feeding Evaluations In EI & Young Children?
- Have you been wanting to perform Feeding Evaluations for some time now…but the fear of not knowing how to go about it stops you?
- Have you ever dealt with the confusion of not knowing how or what information is required in Feeding Evaluations for the Early Intervention Program (EIP)?
- Has your confusion led to a tremendous amount of frustration while writing your Feeding Evaluation reports?
- Have you and your team members ever received the dreaded “Provider Letter” and requested to submit an addendum from the EIP?
- Were you faced with even more frustration as you spend your precious time submitting this addendum on an evaluation you were no longer familiar with because of the time that had lapsed?
- What if you could perform a Feeding Evaluation without the worry that you may have missed some information…
You are not alone as I’ve personally known many EI Providers who have experienced this fear, confusion and frustration. All this can be eliminated provided you have the right tools in your toolbox! I can help you easily understand and apply all this information! Are you ready to learn what the right tools and Evidence-Based Practice are in order to have ease in pulling your evaluation reports together? This course is intended for Providers who are serious about becoming better evaluators and improving the quality of their feeding evaluation reports.
While I was an Evaluation Reviewer at the NYC Department Of Health (DOH) Early Intervention Program-Evaluation Standards Unit, I got to review hundreds of evaluation packets and speak with hundreds of providers over the phone. So many of them were frustrated and confused about what to include in their evaluation reports. Nevertheless they were out there performing these evaluations!
I helped them navigate through State/Federal Regulations and Guidelines in order to perform evaluations in the Early Intervention Program. Inevitably these conversations would end with the provider asking, “Would you come and do a training for us”? After working for two years for the Early Intervention Program, I decided I could help EI Providers better if I were on the outside. So I poured my knowledge and insights into putting a training together about Feeding Evaluations In Early Intervention. As a result of working as an Evaluation Reviewer for two years and providing trainings for EI Providers for over 9 years, I’m now considered an expert in this field, so I’m well qualified to help YOU.
In addition to my years at the NYC DOH EIP-Evaluation Standards Unit, I’ve had the following experiences:
- 20+ years experience as a Speech-Language Pathologist, working primarily with the Pediatric-Preschool Population.
- Presented to colleagues, personnel and parents within the Hospital,School and University settings.
- Lectured at Hunter College, NY and Teachers College, Columbia University, NY on the Standards and Procedures for Evaluations and Eligibility Requirements.
- A Master Clinician and Mentor for the Bilingual Extension Institute Program in Speech-Language Pathology at Teachers College, Columbia University, NY.
- Clinical Instructor at the Edward D. Mysak Clinic for Communication Disorders at Teachers College, Columbia University.
- Board Member and Vice President For Professional Practices In Speech Language Pathology for the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA) Hispanic Caucus.
- Presenter at the ASHA Annual Convention: New Orleans, Using Multiple Sources of Information For Evaluations in Early Intervention – November 21,2009. Philadelphia, Using Clinical Practice Guidelines – EBP For Evaluations in Early Intervention – November 19, 2010
My Mission is to educate Early Intervention Providers and Parents in understanding the requirements and standards of evaluations for the Early Intervention Program. This is why I put these trainings together, to foster a greater understanding of Public Health Law, Evaluation Requirements in Early Intervention, reduce frustration, increase ease and promote greater collaborative efforts among the Evaluation Intervention Community.
“How My $159.00 (CYBER MONDAY $110) Training Helps You … Permanently”
Inside this training, you’ll discover the very best, most up to date information, Evidence-Based Practice and EI insights about Feeding Evaluations. It’s it’s packed with practical information you can use instantly. If you’re looking for practical advice you can rely on, directly “from the EI trenches”, written by someone with years of experience, I can help you! This training will transform the way you look at Feeding Evaluations.
Feeding Evaluations In Early Intervention is useful for ANY EI Provider or Evaluator and not just for NY residents. I’ve had attendees from across the country attend my trainings. Much of the training focuses on Evidence-Base Practice which all professionals/evaluators living anywhere in the world are obligated to use.
As you can see from the attendee testimonials below, I have unique experience in this field, which I’m looking forward to sharing with YOU!:
“Rebecca culled and presented a wealth of information on how to perform and document feeding evaluations for Early Intervention. She provided feedback on participants’ attempts to apply the information, enabling anyone who takes her training to write more effective reports. Rebecca has a command of her subject and shares her knowledge clearly and personably.”
Linda Raskin Schwartz, Speech/Language Pathologist
“Thank you for being so helpful and informative. You have provided me with the confidence I needed to better evaluate feeding in EI.”
Syeda R. Ali, Speech-Language Pathologist
“Once again the workshop provided an extraordinary amount of information in a well developed presentation. The information was clear and inclusive. The documentation was helpful and compelling. Ms. Alva’s style is a strong component of the success of the workshop. She respects her students and enjoys their participation.”
Halona W. Balgley, Speech Language Pathologist.
For the full list of Provider Testimonials by discipline please click on the drop down menu above.
Here’s a sample of what’s in this training:
⦁ Overview of Regulations & Guidelines they pertain to Feeding Problems
⦁ Describe how to use the Clinical Practice Guidelines, Assessment For Feeding and Swallowing
⦁ Describe how to appropriately use Clinical Clues for Feeding and Swallowing & Predictors
⦁ Describe how to appropriately use Oral Motor Assessment Tests (checklists and scales).
⦁ Describe how to incorporate information from other Sources of Information
- Bonus 1. Early Intervention Program (EIP) Memorandum and Addendum
- Bonus 2. Clinical Practice Guidelines – Quick Reference
- Bonus 3. Clinical Practice Guidelines – Report of Recommendations
- Bonus 4. EIP Parent’s Guide
- Bonus 5. Publication Order Form
- Bonus 6. Article: Feeding Problems of Infants/Toddlers & Handout
- Bonus 7. Article: The Evaluation of Mother Child Interaction
- Bonus 8. Publication on Feeding and Swallowing Problems with Children
- Bonus 9. ICD-10 Codes
- Bonus 10. CDC Weight Charts for Boys and Girls (Eng/Span)
- Bonus 11. Special Publications
- Bonus 12. NYT Magazine Article on Feeding Problems – Link
- All the material is valued at… $!$!PRICELESS!$!$
- 9:00 – Introduction & Overview of Regulations & Guidelines they pertain to Feeding Problems
- 9:15 – Oral Motor Assessment For Feeding and Swallowing
- 9:45 – Clinical Clues of a Possible Feeding Problem
- 10:00 – Oral Motor Assessment Tests (checklists and scales).
- 10:30 – Information from other sources of information
- 11:00 – Feeding Evaluations Writing Exercise
- 11:45 – Group Discussion, Questions, Comment Form
- 12:00 – Course Concludes
- The Course outline is the same for this time slot
- 1:00 to
- 4:00 PM
- Speech-Language Pathologists*
- Occupational Therapists
- Special Education Teachers
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
Evaluation Standards Trainings, LLC was approved by the Continuing Education Board of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA) to provide continuing education activities in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology in 2010-2011. *ASHA CEU Credits Are No Longer Offered for SLPs. I have chosen to no longer provide CEUs due to the paperwork and costs. I’d rather devote my time and energy to bringing you the most comprehensive information on performing and writing Feeding Evaluations for the Early Intervention Program.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION
Participants must have paid the tuition, miss no more than 1 hr. in order to receive a Certificate of Attendance. These certificates are valid towards your State Requirements for all Providers.
- 92-30 56th Avenue, Elmhurst, NY 11373 (Behind Queens Center Mall)
- Sunday, December 2nd (9:00 AM to 12:00 PM or 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM)
- Sunday, December 9th (9:00 AM to 12:00 PM or 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM)
“Why This Training Works for EI Providers Like You and Me”
If you’ve read this far, you’re probably asking yourself if my training will work for you, right? Here’s the thing: I promise that all of the information I reveal in this very special training continues to work for you, your friends and colleagues.
But for any reason you’re not completely satisfied with the results, let me and know and I’ll give you your money back.
Your tuition to be part of this training is just $159.00 (CYBER MONDAY $110)
. So what’s the catch, right? Well, I’m going to level with you … I’m planning on raising the price soon. But for now, I’m offering it to you (and others who stumble across this site) for $159.00 (CYBER MONDAY $110)
. Due to the smaller group setting, conducive to interactive learning – there are a limited number of spots available!
So it’s decision making time…
To secure your place in this training and receive all the BONUSES, right now, click the “Buy Now” button you see in the order below…
Please Submit The Following Information With Your Payment, In The Message Section:
- Course Date/Time
- Your Discipline
- Agency/Facility Most Affiliated With
“Still Unsure About Your $159.00 (CYBER MONDAY $110) Decision? Read On!
I can understand why you might be cautious. After all, we’ve never met, you don’t know me and I don’t know you. That’s part of the reason why I’ve priced the training so ridiculously low at just $159.00 (CYBER MONDAY $110). Just the same here are the links to my Professional Profile on Linkedin and my Facebook Group, Early Intervention Trainings. Please either connect with me or “Like” my page.
Your credit or debit card payment is processed by PayPal, and it’s fully protected and guaranteed by them. I know that you’ll benefit greatly from the information, so I’ve tried to remove all barriers for you.
Demonstrate a little trust in me and you’ll be delighted as I repay you many times over with the valuable information in this training.
Act now, be part of this training, receive all the bonuses and transform your Feeding Evaluations today!
Rebecca Alva, MA, CCC-SLP
P.S. You MUST act now. I honestly don’t know how long this training will stay at $159.00 (CYBER MONDAY $110). As I explained, this is a temporary price and I reserve the right to increase the price at any time soon without warning. That’s why NOW is the best time to grab your mouse and click on the “Buy Now” button you see below…
Enter Tuition Amount of $159.00 (CYBER MONDAY $110) Via The Paypal BUY NOW Link above
P.P.S. The worst thing you can do now is nothing. You’ll be no further forward, and your time reading this page will have been wasted. Don’t give into fear of the unknown. Invest $159.00 (CYBER MONDAY $110) and get the knowledge and confidence to perform Feeding Evaluations as a result of the expertise I’m sharing with you in this training. You won’t regret it, I promise! So let’s wrap this up now … click the “Buy Now” button below … do it!
Enter Tuition Amount of $159.00 (CYBER MONDAY $110) Via The Paypal BUY NOW Link above
CONFIRMATION, CANCELLATION & RESCHEDULING POLICIES
Confirmation: is available upon receipt of payment and sent automatically in an effort to be “green”. Please submit your accommodation requests for special needs in writing via e-mail to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to the course.
Cancellation Policy (Organization): Evaluations Standards Training, LLC reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any course/workshop/training due to insufficient registration or extenuating circumstances. A credit towards a future training will be provided.
Cancellation Policy (Participant): A refund less a $50.00 administration fee will be provided upon receipt of written request. Refund requests must be received by mail (postmarked) or e-mail 8 days or more prior to the date of the training. There is no refund for cancellations received 7 days or less prior to the date of training; however, a credit will be issued toward a future training.
Rescheduling Policy (Participant): A $50.00 rescheduling fee will be applied if the attendee is unable to attend and reschedules 5 days or less before the scheduled training date.